Friday, October 5, 2012

Painting my blog PINK!

Psssst! Ladies (and gents), it is BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH! This year is my first year of really being involved in getting out there and trying to make a difference. I am extremely excited to be a part of something that is so very important. Whether you know someone personally that has been affected by breast cancer or not, it is a great cause to get involved with. I have never been personally affected, but I have many friends and family that know someone who was. After hearing their stories, awareness is something that I have chosen to be a part of. Susan G. Komen has a great website if you are interested in learning more about this type of cancer that affects so many women, and that is located here. It is SO extremely important to not only understand what breast cancer is, or how many women are affected by it, but to know how to look for it and what you can do to help support the cause. Please get involved! It is a great feeling to know that you are a part of something big. You may think that you are just one person and that whatever you do won't help. That is so very false. Check your local area to see what events are going on this month that you could get involved with. You will feel so good about helping. I promise you.
 
If you take a look at my sidebar, you will notice that I have taken the first step this month in getting involved by adding sweetjellybean.com's "Spread the Word-Blog Pink" button. Please, get involved and do the same. You can do that by going here. If you're a blogger, BLOG PINK this month! Add that button. Even that small act is a part of a much bigger act. :) Blogging is such a great way of getting the word out there! I'm also going to be in a breast cancer awareness fundraising run in a couple of weeks with a group of friends. I'm really excited about it! I encourage you all to get inspired and do your part. If you are taking the leap and adding that button to your blog, please let me know in the comments section. I am going to get a collage of everyone in their best pink gear together and post it as soon as it's ready! Thank you all for reading, loves. I appreciate you all even just reading this post.
 
*On a sidenote, I was nominated for the Liebster Award by my lovely friend Keeley. I was going to post about that, but I wanted to get this post out there first. So, I will definitely get my nomination questions out there later today or tomorrow. I put off the beauty-related post due to feeling the need to post about this first and foremost! I will definitely be on a blogging roll the next few days! I guess you could say I'm baaaaccckk! ;)
 
 
 
 

(You can also take that li'l banner and post it on a blog post of yours.) Have a wonderful day ladies, and again, I will see you very soon!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post :)

    It's nice everyone coming together for such a brilliant cause!

    Totally agree this is far more important than the nomination, so I'll let you off :) but I am looking forward to reading your responses!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Keeley! I agree. Everyone coming together is something really incredibly special. :) I'm looking forward to getting those answers up for my nomination, as well. They'll be up soon; promise! xox, darling!

      Delete
  2. yay for boobies!!! i am waling tomorrow with my grams who is a survivor!! i do it with her every year in support of breast cancer research! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for y'all! How did it go? That's awesome. :)

      Delete