Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Hi! I miss youuuu!

Mirror, mirror, on the wall! Who is the biggest dork of them all? "The girl in the picture below, that is who." Well, keep reading to find out why. Other than my obviously ridiculous need to take pictures of my first-day-of-work-outfit!
 

So, I started my new job on Monday and it is only Wednesday. However, I feel like I have totally neglected my own blog and my friends' blogs. This really isn't completely true, because I've actually just been creepily stalking all of my friends or dailies and just not commenting. So. Don't feel like I haven't been stalking your blog! Chances are good that I have. Haha! Why have I not been commenting? Well, I do have time to do that when I get home from work (6:30-6:40pm) after eating dinner with Brandon, but let me just explain how exhausted I feel.
 
I understand that everyone is tired after a long day of work. But, I haven't had a job in 4 months (I was still employed at my serving tables job, remember? Just couldn't work because of my injuries...) and when I tried to go back the first day dressed up really cute and in heels (which, somewhere I have a picture of my entire outfit [it's super cute and profesh looking] that I need to find), I really just wanted to cry and cry and cry when I got home night #1. I learned that day that I am allowed to either dress up super cute and profesh looking, or wear...are you ready for this?! My FAVORITE work outfit ever...SCRUBS! I am even providing a picture for y'all.
 
 
 
 
That is what I wore to work yesterday! Don't get me wrong. This girl right there LOVES heels! It was the walking around in them all day at a job for 9+ hours that killed me. So, I have decided to switch back and forth. Some days I will wear scrubs, others I will dress up (in flats, until I get used to walking around that much again). Being the goof that I am (please, pretty please, don't think I am taking myself seriously), I did a little laptop cam photoshoot my first day. So, here are some more pics from Day #1.
 
 
 
 
 
That's the makeup I wore. I didn't want to go crazy overboard and do something that would make people think, "Wow...uhhh, have you seen the new girl? Does she think she's about to do a photoshoot for a Cosmo cover or something?" So I went with subtle natural. You're allowed to laugh at my close-up face if you want. Something I really felt the need to say, though, was that I was entirely shocked at how many shout-outs or well wishes I got from YOU all on my first day. It made me soooooo very happy to read them. My first and second days have both been pretty okay. Not great, not bad. I think I am going to eventually love where I work; there is just so much information to retain right now and time management is a huge problem for me at this moment. I feel very overwhelmed. But, I wasn't about to just stop blogging.
 
I have actually found myself thinking about blogging and missing my blogging buddies during real life time! Is that supposed to happen? I was like, "Hmmm...I might be able to write a post tonight. I wonder how Whitney and Lauren are doing. You know who's probably made something really cute to wear? Sue! And I am not going to let myself miss out on the hilariousness of other Whitney or Deidre!" This, my friends, is when you know that you are addicted to blogging. It just confirms how much I wish I was friends with you all in real life. Whatever, blogging is a part of my real life now.
 
On that note--I've got to start getting ready for work. Today is a scrubs day. Hooray! Don't forget to check out my new blog that I have started with my best friend in the world, Amanda. It's called Friends Take the Catwalk and we're really just waiting for a few more followers before I do my next beauty post. Speaking of that, my next post here will be beauty-related.
 
Have an awesome, great, fantastic, lovely day, my simply amazing followers! xoxo <3
 
 

14 comments:

  1. hooray for scrubs! you still look great in them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ragan! That is just the cutest/sweetest comment I could hear...err, see right now! xo

      Delete
  2. I <3 scrubs and wish I could wear them to my job.

    So - I tried using eye shadow today and it made my eyelids look dirty - is that normal? Did I do it wrong? Eek...help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scrubs are very nice; I am really good friends with them hahaha. And yes, help is on the way! Emailing--errr, IMing you now! xo

      Delete
  3. New jobs always stress me out for like, the first week or so. I always feel like I'm messing things up.
    But look at you starting off looking like a total babe! :) and I'm jealous you get to spend the day in scrubs. I have to wear muddy jeans and usually an hour into the day my boots are filled with mud. ha!!
    and I miss you. :) and I'm positive we will be real life friends one day. positive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks lady! And yes, I totally feel like I'm messing everything up or being annoying. Hopefully this feeling will go away ASAP! I cannot wait until the day we meet. It's gonna be soooo fun! My tummy will most likely hurt from laughing so much.

      Delete
  4. I'm your newest follower!

    I just stumbled across your blog and absolutely love the look of it. Did you design it yourself or have somebody else design it? Just curious because I was looking for a blog designer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for following! That means a lot. Lauren from The Perfect Pear designed my blog. She's the most talented designer I know of and her button is on the bottom of my sidebar. :) Let me know if you use her; she's really fun to work with. I'd love to check out your blog!

      Delete
  5. you look adorable!!! i want scrubs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the scrubs and the make-up! So glad I stumbled upon your blog, it's super cute!

    Your newest follower Ashton from:
    http://lovelifeandtruthtells.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, girl! I'm glad you stumbled upon my blog, too! I appreciate the compliments. I'll be sure to visit your blog! Also, Ashton is such a cute name. I love it!

      Delete